- We are the regions most complete outfitter for Allagash and St. John river trips, shuttles, transportation, trip planning, unguided or guided trips, lodging or camping.
- Allagash Guide Service has been providing Maine black bear hunts, Maine deer hunts, Maine grouse hunts and moose hunts or moose antler hunts and vacations to customers for over 30 years. We take great pride in working hard for our customers providing you with the vacation or hunt you have been planning for and dreaming about.
- The Allagash region was established and oriented around several major rivers; The Allagash Waterway, St. John River, Little Black River, St. Francis River, and Big Black. Well, life is still that way, daily activities and recreation continue to be focusedaround the rivers.
- The town of Allagash is located in one of the most rural areas of Maine, it borders on the 3.5 million acre industrial forest lands known as North Maine Woods – there is no shortcut to Allagash. Allagash is famous throughout the eastern United States for its wild rivers and top notch big game hunting.
- Chandler Lake Camps offers wilderness lakeside cabins and home cooked meals in a private setting. These are the only camps on the lake situated in the heart of 4 million acres of private timberland within the North Maine Woods region in Twp 9 Range 8, WMA Zone 5 & 30 miles west of Ashland.
Fish for native Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon. Rivers, Brooks and Streams, a different body of water is available each day.
Professional Guides available. October for Grouse and Woodcock with an experienced big game program for Moose, Whitetail Deer and Black Bear. We accommodate up to 12 guests per week to allow you the privacy and personal attention not often found in larger facilities. Share an adventure with with friends and family. Quality experiences for all age and skill levels. All inclusive packages and special rates for family or corporate vacations.
Located in Allagash Village at the confluence of the St. John and Allagash Rivers, we are a full service outfitter in business for over 30 years.
- Guided hunting and fishing trips
- Canoe trip shuttle service / canoe rentals
- Cabin rentals and tent sites
- Home of "Two Rivers Lunch" our family restaurant
- No canoe landing fee / Free Parking
- Mid Maine Outfitters is family owned and operated for 25+ years and located in central Maine, 1/2 hour north of Bangor. Experienced Maine Guides offer guided trips for fishing, wildlife viewing and recreational canoe/kayak trips.
- Modern camps, throughout Maine, can be rented for hunting, snowmobiling, hiking and general outdoor recreation. Cross-country ski, snowmobile and snowshoe trails are located within walking distance.
- Main camp is surrounded by 700 acres of private land with pond.
- River camp is on 20 acres on the Penobscot River. Canoes and small boat are available.
- Explore the North Maine Woods with Northeast Whitewater. Experience our Maine whitewater rafting, kayaking, canoeing, moose safaris and wildlife tours, Maine overnight camping trips, and outdoor adventures on the Kennebec and Penobscot Rivers, Canada Falls, Seboomook and Moosehead Lake. Northeast Whitewater can suggest the right activities for you and your group, insider information on where to eat and can offer you a comfortable stay with our preferred lodging partners. Whatever the adventure, be sure to join Northeast Whitewater - your basecamp and guides at Moosehead Lake!
- Choose your outfitter & guide service based on experience, reliability, value and professionalism. For over 150 years customers have been outfitted, supplied and guided into the Maine Northwoods from our location in Greenville, on Moosehead Lake. We are a full service outfitter offering experienced Maine Guides, custom trip itineraries, equipment rentals, lodging and a full service retail store. Please contact our trip advisors for more information on your canoe trip, kayak trip, moose watching safari, rafting, boat rentals, and shuttle service needs. Day trips and overnight trips available! Trip planning and advice is always free! Visit our new inn at www.moosemountaininn.com
- "Serving the St John River & Allagash Wilderness Waterway for over 45 years" Our service includes Old Town canoe & kayak sales and rentals, transport, and vehicle shuttles. We have been in the family business for over 60 years. With extra effort, we provide a consistent level of excellent service. Pelletier's Campground is fully insured with retired people who are dependable and safe drivers. We pride ourselves on repeat clients.
- The Chewonki Foundation owns Big Eddy Campground located on the West Branch of the Penobscot River in T3R11. Situated just outside Baxter State Park, Big Eddy is considered a world-class site for Landlocked Salmon and has been a destination for fishermen for at least 100 years. The road to Big Eddy is equally stirring. Just beyond Millinocket, the grand Katahdin Range looms on the horizon, and the summits of Doubletop, The Owl, the Brothers, and Mt. O-J-I are all visible on a clear day. It is still possible to see more Moose than cars on an early-morning drive on the Golden Road. Then there’s the river itself, a dark constant cutting through the region’s geology and culture.
Big Eddy remains one of those rare places that seem unchanged by time. Join us for an experience in one of the most spectacular places in New England!