Canoe/Kayak Trips, Shuttle, Etc.
- Chandler Lake Camps offers wilderness lakeside cabins and home cooked meals in a private setting. These are the only camps on the lake situated in the heart of 4 million acres of private timberland within the North Maine Woods region in Twp 9 Range 8, WMA Zone 5 & 30 miles west of Ashland.
Fish for native Brook Trout and Landlocked Salmon. Rivers, Brooks and Streams, a different body of water is available each day.
Professional Guides available. October for Grouse and Woodcock with an experienced big game program for Moose, Whitetail Deer and Black Bear. We accommodate up to 12 guests per week to allow you the privacy and personal attention not often found in larger facilities. Share an adventure with with friends and family. Quality experiences for all age and skill levels. All inclusive packages and special rates for family or corporate vacations.
Located in Allagash Village at the confluence of the St. John and Allagash Rivers, we are a full service outfitter in business for over 30 years.
- Guided hunting and fishing trips
- Canoe trip shuttle service / canoe rentals
- Lodge, cabin rentals and tent sites
- Home of "Two Rivers Lunch" our family restaurant
- No canoe landing fee / Free Parking
- Mid Maine Outfitters is family owned and operated for 25+ years and located in central Maine, 1/2 hour north of Bangor. Experienced Maine Guides offer guided trips for fishing, wildlife viewing and recreational canoe/kayak trips.
- Modern camps, throughout Maine, can be rented for hunting, snowmobiling, hiking and general outdoor recreation. Cross-country ski, snowmobile and snowshoe trails are located within walking distance.
- Main camp is surrounded by 700 acres of private land with pond.
- River camp is on 20 acres on the Penobscot River. Canoes and small boat are available.
- Arriving at Moose Point often means entering a world of singular uniqueness. Owner John Martin's philosophy encourages a sporting camp mentality; i.e. an experience which provides memories far beyond what most camps provide. Remember...These are vintage camps like entering another era; hardwood floors, odd windows, propane lighting and the proverbial wood stove. Every cabin offers hot and cold running water, a sink, toilet and shower. There are always beds enough to satisfy the needs of the guests (one large cabin even provides 8 twins). Moose Point Camps operates as an AMERICAN PLAN vacation. When staying at an AP resort, all of the main meals are prepared for you. Moose Point is pleased to have had the cooking skills of Ervin Ouellete and Jason Dube.
- Northeast Whitewater is your adventure destination with on-site wilderness camping and your jumping off point for Kennebec and Penobscot river whitewater rafting located in the heart of moose country.
- Adventures for all ages and abilities from rafting, kayaking, canoeing, moose watching, birding, paddleboarding, and hiking. Achieve outdoor educational pursuits through guided interpretation in eco-tours, on water trips, wildlife and moose watching at Northeast Whitewater Lodge, Campground & Guide Service at Moosehead Lake
- Choose your outfitter & guide service based on experience, reliability, value and professionalism. For over 150 years customers have been outfitted, supplied and guided into the Maine Northwoods from our location in Greenville, on Moosehead Lake. We are a full service outfitter offering experienced Maine Guides, custom trip itineraries, equipment rentals, lodging and a full service retail store. Please contact our trip advisors for more information on your canoe trip, kayak trip, moose watching safari, rafting, boat rentals, and shuttle service needs. Day trips and overnight trips available! Trip planning and advice is always free! Visit our new inn at www.moosemountaininn.com
- "Serving the St John River & Allagash Wilderness Waterway for over 45 years" Our service includes Old Town canoe & kayak sales and rentals, transport, and vehicle shuttles. We have been in the family business for over 60 years. With extra effort, we provide a consistent level of excellent service. Pelletier's Campground is fully insured with retired people who are dependable and safe drivers. We pride ourselves on repeat clients.
- We rent rooms and have a fully furnished house available for hunting season! We also rent rooms with a fully furnished kitchen. Hunters are welcome!
The Chewonki Foundation owns Big Eddy Campground located on the West Branch of the Penobscot River in T3R11. Situated just outside Baxter State Park, Big Eddy is considered a world-class site for Landlocked Salmon and has been a destination for fishermen for at least 100 years. The road to Big Eddy is equally stirring. Just beyond Millinocket, the grand Katahdin Range looms on the horizon, and the summits of Doubletop, The Owl, the Brothers, and Mt. O-J-I are all visible on a clear day. It is still possible to see more Moose than cars on an early-morning drive on the Golden Road. Then there’s the river itself, a dark constant cutting through the region’s geology and culture.
Big Eddy remains one of those rare places that seem unchanged by time. Join us for an experience in one of the most spectacular places in New England!