The rules and regulations of North Maine Woods are few and simple. Your cooperation and good common sense will keep them that way.
- Every visitor must log in and log out at one of the checkpoints on each visit.
- Drive slowly and carefully. Watch for trucks and pull over.
TRUCKS HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY
- Be careful with fire. Build fires only in the authorized steel fire-rings provided.
- Fires outside a steel ring require a written fire permit from the Maine Forest Service.
- Dispose of cigarettes or cigars properly.
- Whenever you stop, pull as far off the road as you can conveniently. Do not block side roads. Even unused roads may be needed in case of fire or other emergency.
- Do not leave trash at your campsite or along the roads and waters. Please carry your trash out.
- Lights on for Safety